We’ve been brainstorming on ways to communicate effectively with our online friends and partake in a much broader discussion of the beers we love (and the not so much) with them. And with social networking at its highest, it only makes sense to include it on the agenda. And with Google+ being the latest buzz, we figured why not set our stage with the newest kid on the block —- an idea was born.
We are going to have Beer Tasting Hangout Fridays on Google+ starting on July 15th at 10:00pm EST, and every Friday after. This will give us the opportunity to connect with craft beer lovers around the world, enjoy refreshing brews together, share our opinions, and educate others. So, put on your nerdy beer goggles as this might just be your time to shine.
What you’ll need:
- A Google+ account is needed, obviously. If you need an invite, let us know and we’ll be glad to send you one!
- Craft beer of your choice. It doesn’t matter what style you bring, sometimes the rarer, the better.
- Pen and paper, if you wish to take notes. For the more techie ones, you can also save notes on G+.
- Something that tells time (ie watch, cellphone, sundial, etc) as you will have to be on time.
- Respect — Yes, this is important. We will be respecting everyone in the session. If not, you will be blocked.
- Lastly, have FUN and meet new friends!
So, mark your calendars and save the date!
Again, first session is July 15th at 10:00pm EST (to accommodate the West coast).
But what if you’re in Tokyo? That would mean that 10:00p.m. Friday, July 15, 2011 in EST converts to 11:00:noon Saturday, July 16, 2011 in Tokyo (DST in effect). Here’s a link to Time Zone Converter.
Remember that Google+ only allows 10 people to hangout at a time. We’re hoping that since G+ is only in its early stages, they would eventually allow more people to “hangout”. So for now, don’t be late. Coz the seats are very limited. If you’re lucky, you can probably take someone else’s spot if they so decide to leave.
Wine tasting will be set up later. We are in the process of taking a survey on when we should schedule it for.
Don’t forget to tell your friends! Spread the word. See you guys/gals there!